- Title Pages
- Foreword to the Beauvoir Series
- The Useless Mouths
- It’s Shakespeare they Don’t Like
- The Novel and the Theater
- An American Renaissance in France
- New Heroes for Old
- Existentialist Theater
- A Story I Used to Tell Myself
- Preface To <i>La Bâtarde</i> by Violette Leduc
- What Can Literature Do?
- Misunderstanding in Moscow
- My Experience as a Writer
- Introduction to <i>Bluebeard and Other Fairy Tales</i>
- Preface to <i>James Joyce in Paris: His Final Years</i>
- Preface To <i>Amélie 1</i>
- Foreword to <i>History: A Novel</i>
- Notes for a Novel
- Books in the Beauvoir Series
- Production Credits
- (p.137) Existentialist Theater
- The Useless Mouths and Other Literary Writings
Simone de Beauvoir
Sabine Crespo, Marybeth Timmermann
Dennis A. Gilbert
- University of Illinois Press
Today I intend to speak to you about French theater such as it has developed and affirmed itself since the war. But, as it is a subject that would be much too long for a short talk, I think it would be best to limit ourselves to a few plays and a few authors....
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.