- Title Pages
- Foreword to the Beauvoir Series
- The Useless Mouths
- It’s Shakespeare they Don’t Like
- The Novel and the Theater
- An American Renaissance in France
- New Heroes for Old
- Existentialist Theater
- A Story I Used to Tell Myself
- Preface To La Bâtarde by Violette Leduc
- What Can Literature Do?
- Misunderstanding in Moscow
- My Experience as a Writer
- Introduction to Bluebeard and Other Fairy Tales
- Preface to James Joyce in Paris: His Final Years
- Preface To Amélie 1
- Foreword to History: A Novel
- Notes for a Novel
- Books in the Beauvoir Series
- Production Credits
- (p.213) Introduction
- The Useless Mouths and Other Literary Writings
- University of Illinois Press
In 1992 the French journal Roman 20–50. Revue d’étude du roman du XXe siècle printed a previously unpublished story of some 21,000 words by Simone de Beauvoir, which receives no explicit mention in her memoirs.1 The editor of the journal issue and of Beauvoir’s text, Jacques Deguy, suggests that “Malentendu à Moscou” (“Misunderstanding in Moscow”) was due to be included in the collection of short stories ...
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.