- Title Pages
- Foreword to the Beauvoir Series
- The Useless Mouths
- It’s Shakespeare they Don’t Like
- The Novel and the Theater
- An American Renaissance in France
- New Heroes for Old
- Existentialist Theater
- A Story I Used to Tell Myself
- Preface To La Bâtarde by Violette Leduc
- What Can Literature Do?
- Misunderstanding in Moscow
- My Experience as a Writer
- Introduction to Bluebeard and Other Fairy Tales
- Preface to James Joyce in Paris: His Final Years
- Preface To Amélie 1
- Foreword to History: A Novel
- Notes for a Novel
- Books in the Beauvoir Series
- Production Credits
- (p.11) Introduction
- The Useless Mouths and Other Literary Writings
- University of Illinois Press
“I finished a play. It had been begun three months earlier, and the title I gave it was Les bouches inutiles. Ever since I had attended the rehearsals of The Flies I had been thinking of writing a play.”1
Les bouches inutiles (The Useless Mouths...
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.