- Title Pages
- Foreword to the Beauvoir Series
- The Useless Mouths
- It’s Shakespeare they Don’t Like
- The Novel and the Theater
- An American Renaissance in France
- New Heroes for Old
- Existentialist Theater
- A Story I Used to Tell Myself
- Preface To La Bâtarde by Violette Leduc
- What Can Literature Do?
- Misunderstanding in Moscow
- My Experience as a Writer
- Introduction to Bluebeard and Other Fairy Tales
- Preface to James Joyce in Paris: His Final Years
- Preface To Amélie 1
- Foreword to History: A Novel
- Notes for a Novel
- Books in the Beauvoir Series
- Production Credits
- (p.127) Introduction
- The Useless Mouths and Other Literary Writings
Dennis A. Gilbert
- University of Illinois Press
One must admire today the extent to which the terrain of Simone de Beauvoir scholarship has changed over these last decades: the Beauvoir whose centennial we celebrated in 2008 is a very different public and private figure from the one whose death we mourned in 1986. Still, little critical attention continues to be paid to Beauvoir’s relationship to theater, admittedly a small portion of her creative activity with ...
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.