- Title Pages
- Part I The Worst Goddamn Thing I’ve Ever Seen
- 1. Welcome to Coal River
- 2. Fighting Back … Again
- 3. What Are We Fighting For?
- Part II Banana Republic, Neoliberal Style
- 4. Strained Solidarities
- 5. The Chase
- 6. Whose Development Is It?
- Part III Symbolic Capital, the Commons, and Community Activism
- 7. Gender, Solidarity, and Symbolic Capital
- 8. Commons Environmentalism and Community Activism
- Conclusion: John Henry, Efficiency, and Community
- Appendix: Cumulative Local Impact of Surface Mining
- Production Credits
- Combating Mountaintop Removal
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.