- Title Pages
- One Toward a Multiracial Democracy
- Two Analysis of Black American Voters in Barack Obama’s Victory
- Three Dead Certain
- Four What Trumped?
- Five Race, the Presidency, and Obama’s First Year
- Six Under Press-ure
- Seven Opportunity Costs
- Eight Lest We Forget
- Nine The Ambivalent Embrace of Barack Obama
- Ten Obama, Black Religion, and the Reverend Wright Controversy
- Eleven Race, Religion, and the Race for the White House
- Twelve The New Negro in African American Politics
- Thirteen Barack Obama’s Anomalous Relationship with the Hip-Hop Community
- Fourteen Too Black and Too Strong
- Fifteen President Obama
- Sixteen Multicultural Hegemony
- Seventeen An Affirmative Act?
- Epilogue The Legacy of the Obama Era
- Production Notes
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.