- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 The Genius of Genre and the Ingenuity of Women
- Chapter 2 No Fixed Address
- Chapter 3 Circulating Emotion
- Chapter 4 100% Pure Adrenaline
- Chapter 5 Troubling Genre/Reconstructing Gender
- Chapter 6 Bodies and Genres in Transition
- Chapter 7 Private Femininity, Public Femininity
- Chapter 8 Generic Gleaning
- Chapter 9 It’s a Mann’s World?
- Chapter 10 Up Close and Personal
- Chapter 11 Gender Hyperbole and the Uncanny in the Horror Film
- Chapter 12 Emotion, Subjectivity, and the Limits of Desire
- Chapter 13 Woman, Generic Aesthetics, and the Vernacular
- Chapter 14 Homoeroticism Contained
- Chapter 15 Trash Comes Home
- Chapter 16 <i>Femme Fatale</i> or Lesbian Femme
- Chapter 17“The Gay Cowboy Movie”
- Production Credits
- Gender Meets Genre in Postwar Cinemas
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.