- Title Pages
- Editors’ Acknowledgments
- Contributors’ Acknowledgments
- 1. Affect, Discourse, and Dance before 1900
- 2. Lola Montez and Spanish Dance in the 19th Century
- 3. Picturing Palucca at the Bauhaus
- 4. Rudolf Laban’s Dance Film Projects
- 5. Hanya Holm and an American Tanzgemeinschaft
- 6. Lotte Goslar’s Clowns
- 7. Back Again? Valeska Gert’s Exiles
- 8. Was bleibt? The Politics of East German Dance
- 9. Warfare over Realism
- 10. Moving against Disappearance
- 11. Pina Bausch, Mary Wigman, and the Aesthetic of “Being Moved”
- 12. Negotiating Choreography, Letter, and Law in William Forsythe
- 13. Engagements with the Past in Contemporary Dance
- 14. Lecture Performance as Contemporary Dance
- 15. Toward a Theory of Cultural Translation in Dance
- Production Credits
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.