- Title Pages
- Introduction A Modernism of the City
- Part I Inventing the New Verse
- Chapter 1 American Poetry on the Brink, 1905–12
- Chapter 2 <i>Poetry</i>’s Opening Door
- Chapter 3 Young, Blithe, and Whimsical
- Chapter 4 There Is Always <i>Others</i>
- Chapter 5 Volunteers of America, 1917
- Part II Keys to the City
- Chapter 6 Gutter and Skyline
- Chapter 7 Footprints of the Twentieth Century
- Chapter 8 Subway Fare
- Production Notes
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.