- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- 1 The City
- 2 The <i>Internationale</i> of the Citizen Workers
- 3 The Eight-Hour Day and the Legitimacy of Wage Labor
- 4 Chicago’s Immigrant Working Class and the Rise of Urban Populism, 1867–73
- 5 Class and Politics during the Depression of the 1870s
- 6 Combat in the Streets
- 7 Regime Change
- The Working Class in American History
- Production Credits
- Chicago in the Age of Capital
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.