- Title Pages
- Part I Working on the Inside: The Transformative Potential of Prison Education
- Chapter 1 Kings, Warriors, Magicians, and Lovers
- Chapter 2 Service-Learning in Prison Facilities
- Chapter 3 Writing Your Way to Freedom
- Part II Working on the Outside: Building New Selves and Strong Communities
- Chapter 4 “Courtesy Incarceration”
- Chapter 5 Serving Time by Coming Home
- Chapter 6 Life After Incarceration
- Part III Working on the Media: Representations of Prisons and Prison Activism
- Chapter 7 Challenging the Media-Incarceration Complex through Media Education
- Chapter 8 “Prisoners Rise, Rise, Rise!”
- Part IV Working on the Futures of Prison Activism
- Chapter 9 “A Fate Worse than Death”
- Chapter 10 “People Like Us”
- Production Credits
- Working for Justice
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.