- Title Pages
- Chapter One A Capital Boyhood
- Chapter Two Into the Pit
- Chapter Three A Nineteenth-Century Musical Career
- Chapter Four The Centennial City
- Chapter Five A Presidential Musician
- Chapter Six Civilian Music in Washington
- Chapter Seven America’s Court Composer
- Chapter Eight Making the Sousa Band
- Chapter Nine Theater on the Bandstand
- Music in American Life
- Production Credits
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.