- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- Chapter 1 Rocky Fork, Illinois
- Chapter 2 Miller Grove, Illinois
- Chapter 3 Lick Creek, Indiana
- Chapter 4 Poke Patch, Ohio
- Part II Geographies of Resistance
- Chapter 5 The Geography of Resistance
- Chapter 6 Rethinking African American Migration
- Part III Family, Faith, and Fraternity
- Chapter 7 Family, Church, Community
- Chapter 8 Faith and Fraternity
- Chapter 9 Destination Freedom
- Production Credits
- Free Black Communities and the Underground Railroad
Cheryl Janifer LaRoche
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.