- Title Pages
- 1 “Liberation Is Coming Soon”
- 2 Why Quakers and Slavery? Why Not More Quakers?
- 3 George F. White and Hicksite Opposition to the Abolitionist Movement
- 4 “Without the Consumers of Slave Produce There Would Be No Slaves”
- 5 The Spiritual Journeys of an Abolitionist: Amy Kirby Post, 1802–1889
- 6 Quaker Evangelization in Early Barbados
- 7 Anthony Benezet
- 8 Aim for a Free State and Settle among Quakers
- 9 The Quaker and the Colonist
- 10 Friend on the American Frontier
- 11 The Slave Trade, Quakers, and the Early Days of British Abolition
- 12 The Quaker Antislavery Commitment and How It Revolutionized French Antislavery through the Crèvecoeur–Brissot Friendship, 1782–1789
- 13 Thomas Clarkson’s Quaker Trilogy
- 14 The Hidden Story of Quakers and Slavery
- Production Credits
- Quakers and Abolition
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.