- Title Pages
- About the Illinois Companion Web Site
- An Essential Note from the Author
- Note from the Editor
- Note on Transcription and Musical Symbols
- Chapter 1 Drumming, Language, and the Voice in South Asia
- Chapter 2 Emotional Agents
- Chapter 3 Tone and Stroke
- Chapter 4 Beyond the <i>Mātra</i>
- Chapter 5 Muharram in Multan
- Chapter 6 Shah Jamal
- Chapter 7 Madho Lal
- Chapter 8 The Manifest and the Hidden
- Chapter 9 The Voice in the Drum
- Chapter 10 A Silver Box
- Appendix A Dhīmā and Mātam
- Appendix B Summary of Commemorative Themes on Particular Days of Muharram in South Asia
- Appendix C Cast of Characters by Chapter; Key Figures in the Karbala Story
- Production Credits
- The Voice in the Drum
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.