- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 “Musicians Have Got To Eat, Too!”
- Chapter 2 “Out Where the West Begins”
- Chapter 3 Innovation, Participation, and “A Horrible Musical Stew”
- Chapter 4 “Spit, Baling Wire, Mirrors” and the WPA
- Chapter 5 “No One Sings as Convincingly as the Darkies Do”
- Chapter 6 “Ballad for Americans”
- Chapter 7 “The Folk of the Nation”
- Music in American Life
- Production Credits
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.