- Title Pages
- 1 The Politics of Intimate Care
- 2 “The Negro Nurse—A Citizen Fighting for Democracy”
- 3 Nurse or Soldier?
- 4 An American Challenge
- 5 The Quality of a Person
- Appendix A Facts about Negro Nurses and the War
- Appendix B Male Nurse Population, 1943
- Appendix C African American Nurse Population, 1940
- Appendix D Male and African American Nurse Population, 1950
- Selected Bibliography
- Women in American History
- Production Credits
- Nursing Civil Rights
Charissa J. Threat
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.