- Title Pages
- 1 The Shape of a Diaspora
- 2 African Diasporic Ethnicity in Mexico City to 1650
- 3 To Be Free and <i>Lucumí</i>
- 4 Between the Cross and the Sword
- 5 Afro-Mexican Saintly Devotion in a Mexico City Alley
- 6 “The Lord walks among the pots and pans”
- 7 Whitening Revisited
- 8 Tensions of Race, Gender, and Midwifery in Colonial Cuba
- 9 The African American Experience in Comparative Perspective
- The New Black Studies Series
- Production Credits
- Africans to Spanish America
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.