- Title Pages
- Let’s Call It Love
- Chapter 1 African American Cultural Expression in Chicago before the Renaissance
- Chapter 2 The Negro Renaissance
- Chapter 3 The Problem of Race and Chicago’s Great Tivoli Theater
- Chapter 4 The <i>Defender</i> Brings You the World
- Chapter 5 The Dialectics of Placelessness and Boundedness in Richard Wright’s and Gwendolyn Brooks’s Fictions
- Chapter 6 Richard Wright and the Season of Manifestoes
- Chapter 7 Horace Cayton
- Chapter 8 “Who Are You America but Me?”
- Chapter 9 Chicago’s Native Son
- Chapter 10 Chicago’s African American Visual Arts Renaissance
- Notes on Contributors
- The New Black Studies Series
- Production Credits
- The Black Chicago Renaissance
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.