- Title Pages
- Introduction Facing Contradictions
- Chapter 1 The Development of a Dissenter (1847–1870)
- Chapter 2 The Road to Independence (1871–1880)
- Chapter 3 Finding the Cause (1881–1889)
- Chapter 4 Apprenticeship in the National American Woman Suffrage Association (1890–1903)
- Chapter 5 Compromised Leadership
- Chapter 6 Creating Her Vision
- Chapter 7 Unanticipated Challenges
- Chapter 8 A Worker to the End (1916–1919)
- Epilogue Anna Howard Shaw and Women’s History
- Notes on Sources
- Women in American History
- Production Credits
- Anna Howard Shaw
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.