- Title Pages
- 1 Marching under Flags Black and Red
- 2 Working People’s Responses to Past Depressions
- 3 Soviet Workers and Stalinist Terror
- 4 The Labor of Capitalism
- 5 The Ordeal of Eugene Debs
- 6 Workers’ Social-Wage Struggles during the Great Depression and the Era of Neoliberalism
- 7 Politics and Policies in the 1970s and Early Twenty-first Century
- 8 Neoliberalism at Work in the Antipodean Welfare State in the Late Twentieth Century
- 9 Want amidst Plenty
- 10 Whose Hard Times?
- 11 Transformative Power
- 12 How Workers and the Government Have Dealt with Economic Crisis and Industrial Decline
- The Working Class in American History
- Production Credits
- Workers in Hard Times
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.