- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Scandalous Evidence
- Chapter 2 Reading between the Lines
- Chapter 3 Imagining Women at the Movies
- Chapter 4 When Iris Skaravaiou Met Iris Barry
- Chapter 5 Searching for Mary Murillo
- Chapter 6 Alice Guy’s Great Cinematic Adventure
- Chapter 7 A Major Contribution to Feminist Film History
- Chapter 8 Feminism and Women’s Film History in 1980s Turkey
- Chapter 9 Traveling Memories
- Chapter 10 Revising the Colonial Past, Undoing “National” Histories
- Chapter 11 Hollywood Transgressor or Hollywood Transvestite?
- Chapter 12 Gossip, Labor, and Female Stardom in Pre-Independence Indian Cinema
- Chapter 13 American Women Screenwriters in the 1920s
- Chapter 14 A Suitable Job for a Woman
- Chapter 15 Cinema of Women
- Chapter 16 “Our Place”
- Chapter 17 Barbara Willis Sweete
- Women and Film History International
- Production Credits
- Doing Women's Film History
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.