- Title Pages
- Introduction Visualizing Christ Our Redeemer, Man Our Brother
- Chapter 1 Painting the Gospel Blues
- Chapter 2 Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden
- Chapter 3 Black Liberation Theology, Black Power, and the Black Arts Movement at Trinity United Church of Christ
- Chapter 4 Father Tolton’s Soldiers
- Chapter 5 Urban Street Faith
- Conclusion Where the Black Christ Suffers and the Politics of Black Tragic Space in Chicago
- Appendix I Tours and Maps
- Appendix II Daily Scripture Emails from Saint Sabina
- Appendix III Explanations for Scenes in Mural at Holy Angels Catholic Church
- The New Black Studies Series
- Production Credits
- Painting the Gospel
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.