- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 With Only a Trace
- Chapter 2 Historical Methods and Racial Identification in U.S. Lesbian and Gay History
- Chapter 3 Race, Class, and the U.S. Supreme Court’s Doctrine of Heteronormative Supremacy
- Chapter 4 Early American Bodies
- Chapter 5 Making Racial Beauty in the United States
- Chapter 6 The Soul of the Boy Was … Aztec
- Chapter 7 Power and Historical Figuring
- Chapter 8 The Curse of Canaan; or, A Fantasy of Origins in Nineteenth-Century America
- Chapter 9 Mapping Sex, Race, and Gender in the Corps of Discovery Expedition
- Chapter 10 If We Got That Freedom
- Chapter 11 Strange Love
- Chapter 12 Out and on the Outs
- About the Contributors
- Production Credits
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.