- Title Pages
- List of Illustrations
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- 1 Childhood in a Troubled Land, 1896–1914
- 2 “The Ineptitude of Command,” 1915–1921
- 3 Wandering Russians, 1921–1925
- 4 “The Best Pupil in the Class,” 1925–1929
- 5 “Under Rivera’s Guidance,” 1929–1931
- 6 “Perhaps the Most Gifted of the Local Muralists,” 1931–1935
- 7 King of Parilia, 1935–1941
- 8 Art, Politics, and War, 1941–1945
- 9 DETCOM and COMSAB, 1945–1953
- 10 “An Unwanted Guest in America,” 1953–1961
- 11 “I Am Home,” 1962–1979
- Appendix Arnautoff’s Public Murals
- Selected Sources
- The Working Class in American History
- Production Credits
- Victor Arnautoff and the Politics of Art
Robert W. Cherny
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.