- Title Pages
- Introduction From Labor Liberalism to Neoliberalism
- Chapter 1 “A New era of Labor Relations”
- Chapter 2 Teacher Power, Black Power, and the fracturing of Labor Liberalism
- Chapter 3 “Who is Going to Run the Schools?” Teacher Strikes and the Urban Crises of 1972–73
- Chapter 4 Dropping Dead
- Chapter 5 The Pittsburgh Teacher Strike of 1975–76 and the Crisis of the Labor-Liberal Coalition
- Chapter 6 The “Fed-up Taxpayer”
- Conclusion Teacher Unions and the American Political Imagination
- The Working Class in American History
- Production Credits
- Teacher Strike!
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.