- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Early Black Chicago Entrepreneurial and Business Activities from the Frontier Era to the Great Migration
- Chapter 2 Robert Sengstacke Abbott, 1868–1940
- Chapter 3 The Rise and Fall of Jesse Binga, a Black Chicago Financial Wizard
- Chapter 4 Contested Terrain
- Chapter 5 King of Selling
- Chapter 6 A Master Strategist
- Chapter 7 Jim Crow Organized Crime
- Chapter 8 The Politics of the Drive-Thru Window
- Chapter 9 Positive Realism
- Chapter 10 Oprah Winfrey
- Chapter 11 Racial Desegregation and Black Chicago Business
- The New Black Studies Series
- Production Credits
- Building the Black Metropolis
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.