- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Illinois before Statehood
- Chapter 2 The Constitution of 1818
- Chapter 3 Black Codes and Bondage, Settling the North, Legislative Follies
- Chapter 4 The Constitution of 1848
- Chapter 5 Two Transformative Decades
- Chapter 6 Civil War, a Partisan Convention, the Decisive Later 1860s
- Chapter 7 The Constitution of 1870
- Production Credits
- Creating the Land of Lincoln
- University of Illinois Press
Illinois Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.